Juanma Barranquero wrote: > On 1/2/07, Matthew Flaschen wrote: > >> Changing the default directory to the empty string fixed that. > > Hmm, I don't think that's correct. Well, your way (file-name-nondirectory) is better. I didn't know about that function. However, none of the scripts work overall, your old way, with my modification, or with your new code. I was testing it wrong. Apparently, emacs stopping backing up a file if you delete the backup while it's running. But this only lasts until you exit emacs. The prompt comes up, but the script just doesn't work; the files still get backed up. Matthew Flaschen