Tim X wrote: > You don't think your being a bit pedantic do you? After all, Linux is > what GNU/Linux is commonly called. You also have lots of other > references out there which don't include the "GNU" part, such as The > Linux Journal, the Linux Gazette, Linux Weekly news, > linuxquestions.org, linuxkernel.org, etc etc. > At least if your going to take the time to post a response, maybe add > something for the OP in addition to correcting his colloquial use of > Linux rather than the technically correct one. I don't think he's being pedantic, and the fact that the error is common does not mean it's insignificant. It's not only technically correct, it's ethically correct. As for the OP, I can't help since I've never used XEmacs. Matt Flaschen