all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Need Some Help Figuring Out Why 'M-x insert-kbd-macro' Doesn't Work With Helm Mode For Some Reason
@ 2022-05-20  3:14 Samuel Banya
From: Samuel Banya @ 2022-05-20  3:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emanuel Berg

Hey there,

I saw Prot's video on keyboard macros, and saw a useful one at Timestamp: 18:15, for this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5yH_8nl9LU

I tried immediately doing this idea within an Org file I use for work, aka a todo list.

I recorded a macro with 'F3', and then stopped recording with 'F4'.

I then tried using the function that Prot used in that video, aka 'M-x insert-kbd-macro' but nothing happens for me.

I'm using 'Helm' mode if that helps since Helm's 'helm-M-x' function is bound to 'M-x' on my config.

Here's my Emacs config for reference:
https://github.com/samuelbanya/samsemacs

Any ideas on 'Why' this is occurring?

I tried checking '*Messages*' but don't see anything relevant in that buffer. I also tried using a scratch buffer without Org Mode, but have the same issue unfortunately.

Thanks,

Sam