all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Auctex
@ 2006-09-15 18:21 moheb
From: moheb @ 2006-09-15 18:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I noticed significant delay in keyboard repeat say with the space key while
 typing in emacs. I think this is a problem with Auctex. Anyone has the same
 experience? Any workaround?

Thanks,

Moheb

* turn off safe-local-variable-values checking
@ 2006-03-30 11:27 Shug Boabby
From: Shug Boabby @ 2006-03-30 11:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

As i'm sure you all know: the security procedures for local variables
were recently beefed up. Now, if a user ever wishes to store local
variables in a file, they must manually accept each variable on
opening (or store them in .emacs).

This actually really bugs me, and I'd really rather live with the
security risk... is there a way to turn this behaviour off by default
for all files? I cannot find any documentation on the new feature and
an Emacs Wiki search for the above mentioned variable gives me 1248
results.

Apologies if you think this is to the wrong list, my understanding is
that emacs.help is really only for officially released versions of
emacs.

* AUCTeX
@ 2003-12-01 22:46 David Rasmussen
From: David Rasmussen @ 2003-12-01 22:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

How do I check if AUCTeX is already installed in my emacs?

/David

* RE: AucTeX
@ 2002-11-25  7:09 Dmitri.Minaev
From: Dmitri.Minaev @ 2002-11-25  7:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

There's also Whizzytex+advi combination
(http://pauillac.inria.fr/whizzytex/) which Arthur could find useful. It
re-compiles the dvi automatically as you type. No need to switch focus to
and fro.

--
With best regards,
Dmitri Minaev

[parent not found: <mailman.1037966837.10921.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>]
* Re: AucTeX
@ 2002-11-22 14:59 arthur.chereau
From: arthur.chereau @ 2002-11-22 14:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

> | First, I'd like to keep the xdvi window always opened, that is:
> | - the first time I compile the source from emacs, emacs opens an xdvi window
> |   with the corresponding dvi
> | - I don't need to close xdvi to recompile
> | - when I recompile with auctex, xdvi updates the dvi
>
> This is how things work for me, using the default out-of-the-box
> configuration of auctex.  I just need to click in the xdvi window in
> order to update it (which is a little annyoing, I agree).

Here's what I do:
- open the file
- C-c C-c      --> LaTeX
- C-c C-c      --> View (xdvi starts)
- modify the file and save it
- C-c C-c      --> LaTeX

Now I have:
Process `View' for document `test' running, kill it? (y or n) n
TeX-process-check: Cannot have two processes for the same document

* AucTeX
@ 2002-11-22 11:23 arthur.chereau
From: arthur.chereau @ 2002-11-22 11:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

With auctex, I'd like to keep an xdvi window showing the dvi corresponding to
the current emacs buffer.

For now, with (list "View" "%v " 'TeX-run-command nil t) in tex-site.el,
I can run xdvi from emacs, but then I need to close xdvi if I want to lauch
another compilation.

First, I'd like to keep the xdvi window always opened, that is:
- the first time I compile the source from emacs, emacs opens an xdvi window
  with the corresponding dvi
- I don't need to close xdvi to recompile
- when I recompile with auctex, xdvi updates the dvi

Now, I'd like the dvi shown by xdvi to always correspond to the emacs buffer:
- I compile a (La)TeX file as shown above; an xdvi window is opened
- I open another (La)TeX file in emacs
- when I compile it, xdvi automatically shows the dvi corresponding to the
  new emacs buffer