all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* prolog users?
@ 2006-08-24  3:50 Solly Brown
From: Solly Brown @ 2006-08-24  3:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

Quick question for users of prolog under emacs:

How can I change the face of prolog comments (ie. lines starting with a
% symbol)?

Strangely enough, it doesn't appear to be defined by
"font-lock-comment-face". So I need to somehow tell emacs that lines
beginning with % should use font-lock-comment-face, or I need to edit
the actual face being used currently.

Any ideas?

Thanks, Solly

ps. i'm using prolog.el

* Re: prolog users?
@ 2006-08-24  6:18 ` David Hansen
       [not found]   ` <mailman.5558.1156433771.9609.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: David Hansen @ 2006-08-24  6:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, 24 Aug 2006 13:50:49 +1000 Solly Brown wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Quick question for users of prolog under emacs:
>
> How can I change the face of prolog comments (ie. lines
> starting with a % symbol)?
>
> Strangely enough, it doesn't appear to be defined by
> "font-lock-comment-face". So I need to somehow tell emacs
> that lines beginning with % should use
> font-lock-comment-face, or I need to edit the actual face
> being used currently.
>
> Any ideas?

C-u C-x = should tell you which face is used for
highlighting.  BTW in GNU Emacs 22 (thats the developer
version) it's font-lock-comment-face.

David

* Re: prolog users?
@ 2006-08-24  6:55   ` Solly Brown
       [not found]   ` <mailman.5558.1156433771.9609.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Solly Brown @ 2006-08-24  6:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

David Hansen wrote:
> On Thu, 24 Aug 2006 13:50:49 +1000 Solly Brown wrote:
>> How can I change the face of prolog comments (ie. lines
>> starting with a % symbol)?
>>

> C-u C-x = should tell you which face is used for
> highlighting.  BTW in GNU Emacs 22 (thats the developer
> version) it's font-lock-comment-face.
>
> David

OK this is a bit weird. This is what I've got for the text properties of
my comments:

face                 font-lock-comment-face
fontified          t

However my comments don't show up in the font-lock-comment-face.
Instead, they appear to be showing up with "firebrick-italic" face.

If I change the properties of the font-lock-comment-face (making it
green, say) then new comments that I type in do indeed appear in green.
However, when I type C-l to refontify the existing comments, then
instead of everything turning green, all of my new comments revert to
firebrick-italic (and the old ones are unchanged). The text properties
still claims that the  comments are using font-lock-comment-face, but
clearly they're not.

Something very odd going on there. Any more suggestions?

Thanks, Solly

* Re: prolog users?
       [not found] <mailman.5525.1156393105.9609.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2006-08-24  9:09 ` Markus Triska
From: Markus Triska @ 2006-08-24  9:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

Solly Brown <sollyb@cse.unsw.edu.au> writes:

> Quick question for users of prolog under emacs:

Consider the prolog.el from:

http://turing.ubishops.ca/home/bruda/emacs-prolog/

Markus Triska

* Re: prolog users?
@ 2006-08-24 10:14   ` Solly Brown
From: Solly Brown @ 2006-08-24 10:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

Markus Triska wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Solly Brown <sollyb@cse.unsw.edu.au> writes:
>

>> Quick question for users of prolog under emacs:
>>

> Consider the prolog.el from:
>
> http://turing.ubishops.ca/home/bruda/emacs-prolog/

Brilliant! Turns out that the wacko behaviour was not due to my
prolog.el file, but in fact a little bit of code in my .emacs file (I
copied it from someone else's .emacs a couple of years ago, and forgot
all about it until now).

Your suggestion of trying a different prolog.el version made me think
about changing my .emacs file too, so thanks Markus....... =-). And
thank you David for your suggestions also.

Solly

* Re: prolog users?
       [not found]   ` <mailman.5558.1156433771.9609.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2006-08-24 16:38     ` Markus Triska
From: Markus Triska @ 2006-08-24 16:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

Solly Brown <sollyb@cse.unsw.edu.au> writes:

> Something very odd going on there. Any more suggestions?

With which prolog.el is this now? The one I recommended is unrelated
to the one that ships with Emacs (not just a different version):

`----