all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* how to make emacs+w32 read the cygwin .bashrc file
@ 2006-08-20 14:54 emacs user
       [not found] ` <mailman.5369.1156118720.9609.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: emacs user @ 2006-08-20 14:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

This doesn't seem to happen by defaulty for me after setting

... '(w32shell-cygwin-bin "c:/cygwin/bin"))...
(require 'w32shell)
(w32shell-add-emacs)
(w32shell-set-shell "cygwin")

anyone happens to know?  thanks...

* Re: how to make emacs+w32 read the cygwin .bashrc file
@ 2006-08-21  0:01 ` Lennart Borgman
       [not found] ` <mailman.5369.1156118720.9609.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Lennart Borgman @ 2006-08-21  0:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: help-gnu-emacs

emacs user wrote:
> This doesn't seem to happen by defaulty for me after setting
>
> ... '(w32shell-cygwin-bin "c:/cygwin/bin"))...
> (require 'w32shell)
> (w32shell-add-emacs)
> (w32shell-set-shell "cygwin")
>
> anyone happens to know?  thanks...

See the node "(info) Interactive Inferior Shell" in Info in Emacs. I
have not tried this myself but it looks like you should use the file
~/.emacs_bash for initialization of the shell. (Cygwin uses bash.exe.)

If you try this, could you report here the outcome of your test?

@ 2006-08-22  2:54   ` emacs user
From: emacs user @ 2006-08-22  2:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

Lennart Borgman wrote:
> emacs user wrote:
> > This doesn't seem to happen by defaulty for me after setting
> >
> > ... '(w32shell-cygwin-bin "c:/cygwin/bin"))...
> > (require 'w32shell)
> > (w32shell-add-emacs)
> > (w32shell-set-shell "cygwin")
> >
> > anyone happens to know?  thanks...
> >
> See the node "(info) Interactive Inferior Shell" in Info in Emacs. I
> have not tried this myself but it looks like you should use the file
> ~/.emacs_bash for initialization of the shell. (Cygwin uses bash.exe.)
>
> If you try this, could you report here the outcome of your test?

thanks...  so if I put "source .../.bashrc" in the .emacs_bash file,
this certainly helps with a shell mode buffer.  but it does not help
when I compile a latex file for example, as the inferior shell then
does not seem to use the .emacs_bash file.