Richard Stallman schrieb: > 1. Suppose I have two windows - SW is the selected one and UW the > unselected one. I move the mouse to the menubar as described in Simon's > original scenario. UW should not be selected here. However, I then > change my mind and move the mouse to UW. I suppose that UW should be > selected now - agreed? > > Yes. The question is how to distinguish the two cases. I thought > someone people suggested using a time delay for that, right. > > 2. Currently `mouse-leave-buffer-hook' is not run when autoselecting > a window. I believe this is a bug that should be resolved - agreed? > > Yes, I think so; this should exit an isearch. > > The attached patch is a first approximation. I've been able to test this on Windows 98 only, hence I would be glad to hear if this works in a general context too - simply customize the variable `mouse-autoselect-window'.