all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Could save all emacs buffers?
@ 2006-06-23  4:09 Umi
From: Umi @ 2006-06-23  4:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

Is it possible that save the all emacs buffers to use later?

Mozilla firefox browser can save all tabs with 'Bookmark All Tabs'. So I
can back to the task without some saving.

Is it possible in emacs, many buffer is opened in emacs

I need to turn off the computer now. I need a tool like 'Bookmark All
Tabs' to continue the task later without to save each buffer and to note
each buffer's name.

thanks

* Re: Could save all emacs buffers?
       [not found] <mailman.3223.1151035799.9609.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2006-06-27  3:18 ` liyer.vijay
From: liyer.vijay @ 2006-06-27  3:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

Umi wrote:
> Is it possible that save the all emacs buffers to use later?
>
> Mozilla firefox browser can save all tabs with 'Bookmark All Tabs'. So I
> can back to the task without some saving.
>
> Is it possible in emacs, many buffer is opened in emacs
>
> I need to turn off the computer now. I need a tool like 'Bookmark All
> Tabs' to continue the task later without to save each buffer and to note
> each buffer's name.
>
> thanks

Add this to your ~/.emacs file
(load "desktop")

And use M-x desktop-save and M-x desktop-read as required.

Cheers
Vijay