all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* jde classpath problem
@ 2006-05-10 17:20 Michael Powe
From: Michael Powe @ 2006-05-10 17:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

The problem is that I can't compile servlets.  Ordinary java classes
compile fine within emacs but not servlets.  The compiler complains
that it can't find the classes when compiling within JDE.  If I go to
the commandline in a dos box, i can compile the servlet.

I've checked the doc about setting the CP and followed the directions
there.

This is on windows xp, so the paths have spaces in them, e.g.,
c:/Program Files/Apache Software Foundation/Tomcat 5.5/common/lib/servlet-api.jar.

I tried putting quotation marks around the string and double
backslashing the spaces and plain text.  Nothing seems to work.

Any help in getting this fixed would be appreciated.

Thanks.

mp

--
Michael Powe		michael@trollope.org		Naugatuck CT USA
War is a sociological safety valve that cleverly diverts popular

* Re: jde classpath problem
@ 2006-05-10 21:29 ` Lennart Borgman
From: Lennart Borgman @ 2006-05-10 21:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Michael Powe wrote:
> Hello,
>
> The problem is that I can't compile servlets.  Ordinary java classes
> compile fine within emacs but not servlets.  The compiler complains
> that it can't find the classes when compiling within JDE.  If I go to
> the commandline in a dos box, i can compile the servlet.
>
> I've checked the doc about setting the CP and followed the directions
> there.
>
> This is on windows xp, so the paths have spaces in them, e.g.,
> c:/Program Files/Apache Software Foundation/Tomcat 5.5/common/lib/servlet-api.jar.
>
> I tried putting quotation marks around the string and double
> backslashing the spaces and plain text.  Nothing seems to work.
>
> Any help in getting this fixed would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks.
>
> mp

Have you checked the jdee mailing list archives?

* Re: jde classpath problem
@ 2006-05-21  6:58 ` isuy
From: isuy @ 2006-05-21  6:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

copy servlet-api.jar to <jdk>/jre/lib/ext