all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* php mode sub-region in mmm-mode
       [not found] <E1FboP5-00064K-Od@host1.softexperience.ro>
@ 2006-05-05  9:14 ` Stefan Horomnea
From: Stefan Horomnea @ 2006-05-05  9:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

In my quest to make emacs a webdev environment I followed the exact
instructions from this link:
http://www.dzr-web.com/people/darren/projects/emacs-webdev/
which basically explains how to put together html-mode, sgml-mode,
css-mode, php-mode and mmm-mode so you can web dev with emacs. It
worked, but, as always there are more things to be customized :) . A
thing that is really important to me, is that emacs doesn't recognize
the php areas delimited with <?php ?> tags on the same line, or
delimited with <?=?> in a document that has php, html and javascript .

So, this works:

some html here
<?php
$var = 1;
?>
other html here

This doesn't work:

some html here
<? if ($var == 1) { // this is not colored well so i guess not
recognized as the php mode ?>
some html
<? }  // this neiter ?>

This also doesn't work:

some html <?=$var?> other html.

Maybe the key to it is this setting in .emacs file:

;; Set up an mmm group for fancy html editing
(mmm-add-group
 'fancy-html
 '(
         (html-php-embedded
                :submode php-mode
                :face mmm-output-submode-face
                :front "<[?]php"
.... etc

How can I make to be colored the <? ?> code if the begining and end php
tags are on the same line, or for short echo syntax like <?=?>

Thank you.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2006-05-05  9:14 UTC | newest]