all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Reading a document in two columns
@ 2006-04-28 21:16 Saswat Anand
From: Saswat Anand @ 2006-04-28 21:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I have a wide monitor. So I usually split emacs into two columns.
Although I can see different parts of the same document in the two
columns, I wish emacs would know that it is the same document shown in
the two columns and do the following:
At any point of time if the last line of the left column corresponds nth
line of the document, the first line in the right column corresponds to
(n+1)th line of the document.

So whenever the content of the one column changes due to scrolling or
cursor movement, I wish the content of the other column is also changed
to maintain the above invariant.

I suspect this functionality is already there. Could anyone please point
it out.

Thanks a lot.
Saswat

* Re: Reading a document in two columns
       [not found] <mailman.1110.1146290554.9609.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2006-04-29  9:58 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2006-04-29  9:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

Saswat Anand <saswat@cc.gatech.edu> writes:

> I suspect this functionality is already there. Could anyone please
> point it out.

M-x follow-delete-other-windows-and-split RET

But i'm not sure it does all that you exactly want.

--
Bastien