all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* preferred vs. running browser
@ 2006-04-23  4:36 Werner LEMBERG
From: Werner LEMBERG @ 2006-04-23  4:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

IMHO there are two problems with the default browser in browse-url.

  . In browse-url-default-browser, Mozilla is preferred to Firefox.
    It seems that today Firefox is already more popular than Mozilla,
    so I suggest to revert the default order.

  . browse-url doesn't check whether one of the listed browsers is
    already running (assuming that browse-url-browser-function is not
    customized, this is, the value is 'browse-url-default-browser).  In
    my case I have called firefox, but browse-url called mozilla.

    Wouldn't it be better to add some code so that a browser which is
    currently running is always tried first?

      Werner