all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* problem visiting .emacs
@ 2006-04-06 19:39 Gary Weselle
       [not found] ` <mailman.111.1144294710.9609.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Gary Weselle @ 2006-04-06 19:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi

I am using emacs under windos 2000, my HOME variable value is set to where
my .emacs file is. C:\path-to-dir
when I C-x C-f to visit it, the mini-buffer says Find file:
C:\emacs-21.3\bin/ then I type in my path-to-file for .emacs, it then shows
Searching for programe: no such file or directeory, aspell
however I have the below line commneted out in my .emacs file
;(setq ispell-program-name "aspell")
how can I fix these problems,
1) Find file: C:\emacs-21.3\bin/, I want to see my HOME directory instead.
2) not able to visit .c:\path-to-file\.emacs.

thanks