Leon wrote: > Stefan Monnier writes: > >>> However one of the icon (diropen.xpm) should use the gnome file >>> manager's icon which is named file-manager.png in the sense that dired >>> is the file manger in emacs. Otherwise emacs tool-bar looks really >>> odd. Have a look at this. >> I'm not trained in the use of toolbars, so could you explain what's odd >> about it? >> >> >> Stefan > Hi Stefan, > > The diropen icon won't change at all for any gnome-icon-theme since > there is no counterpart. This gives the tool-bar an inconsistent > look. > For example, some themes use bigger icons. But since the stock item gtk-directory isn't available, the standard icon distributed with emacs is used, so it looks odd. Also, if some theme has some visual property (like high contrast), the diropen icon will not follow this theme. I've attached some screenshots of these situations. I think before we release this we need to find stock items for everything. In Info mode there are also icons that don't have any stock definition, so arrows may look differently. Jan D.