Stefan Monnier wrote: >>>>I just noticed that for an autoloaded function like >>>> >>>> >>>apropos-variable' > the location is shown as "apropos", not >>>"apropos.el". Is that > intentional? >>> >>> >>>In describe-function of course. Sorry. >>> >>>Since the file's name is `apropos.el', it would be clearer (all else >>>being equal) to show `apropos.el'. >>> >>> >>> >>Does the attached small fix do the right thing? >> >> > >No, because the autoload entry may say "foo.el" or "foo.elc" instead of >"foo", in which case adding a ".el" doesn't make much sense. I think it's >better to leave it as it is: after all, maybe you only have a "foo" file and >no "foo.el" or "foo.elc" file. > >The only good alternative I can think of otherwise is to do a locate-library >to find the file that would be used if the function were to be loaded. > > I think it would be good to be consistent, because this is much less confusing for beginners. I tried locate-library as you suggested. Attached. Is this better?