all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Flyspell mode
@ 2005-12-01 13:01 Paminu
From: Paminu @ 2005-12-01 13:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have enabled flyspell mode in my .emacs file:

(add-hook 'text-mode-hook 'flyspell-mode)

But when I misspell a word I can't seem to find a way to get it to print the
correct word instead. Do I really need to enable the iSpell-buffer to get a
list of corret words? That makes the flyspell-mode rather superfluous.

Another thing. When I enable flyspell mode in my .emacs file it seems that
it uses the english dictionary, but if I delete it from my .emacs file and
type (M-x flyspell-mode) it seems to use the danish dictonary (Which I have
choosen by default).

How do I make it always use Danish?

* Re: Flyspell mode
@ 2005-12-01 14:51 ` Colin S. Miller
From: Colin S. Miller @ 2005-12-01 14:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

Paminu wrote:
> I have enabled flyspell mode in my .emacs file:
>
> (add-hook 'text-mode-hook 'flyspell-mode)
>
> But when I misspell a word I can't seem to find a way to get it to print the
> correct word instead. Do I really need to enable the iSpell-buffer to get a
> list of corret words? That makes the flyspell-mode rather superfluous.

You can use ispell-word which is on M-$.

> Another thing. When I enable flyspell mode in my .emacs file it seems that
> it uses the english dictionary, but if I delete it from my .emacs file and
> type (M-x flyspell-mode) it seems to use the danish dictonary (Which I have
> choosen by default).
>
> How do I make it always use Danish?

Placing
(setq ispell-dictionary 'british)
in my .xemacs/init.el works for me, however I use Xemacs rather that GNU Emacs.

--
Replace the obvious in my email address with the first three letters of the hostname to reply.

* Re: Flyspell mode
@ 2005-12-02  7:59 ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2005-12-02  7:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

> From: Paminu <jadajada@asd.com>
> Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2005 14:01:38 +0100
>
> I have enabled flyspell mode in my .emacs file:
>
> (add-hook 'text-mode-hook 'flyspell-mode)
>
> But when I misspell a word I can't seem to find a way to get it to print the
> correct word instead. Do I really need to enable the iSpell-buffer to get a
> list of corret words? That makes the flyspell-mode rather superfluous.

Right-click on the misspelled word, and flyspell will pop up a menu
with possible corrections.  Is that what you are looking for?