all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Searching in occur for ^(?:M|C)
@ 2005-11-24 17:41 Lennart Borgman
From: Lennart Borgman @ 2005-11-24 17:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

What do I enter in occur (M-x occur) to search for the pattern in the
subject line? (I have omitted all escaping there.)

* Re: Searching in occur for ^(?:M|C)
       [not found] <mailman.16616.1132854123.20277.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2005-11-24 18:45 ` Anselm Helbig
From: Anselm Helbig @ 2005-11-24 18:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

hi lennart,

what do you mean, you have some sourcecode where this regex occurs,
and you want to find the matching lines? then you'd have to use sth
like this:

	\^(\?:M|C)

if you want to match lines that begin with M or C, then it'd have to
be:

	^\(?:M\|C\)

HTH, regards,

anselm

* Re: Searching in occur for ^(?:M|C)
@ 2005-11-24 19:23   ` Lennart Borgman
From: Lennart Borgman @ 2005-11-24 19:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Anselm Helbig wrote:

>hi lennart,
>
>what do you mean, you have some sourcecode where this regex occurs,
>and you want to find the matching lines? then you'd have to use sth
>like this:

>if you want to match lines that begin with M or C, then it'd have to
>be:

>HTH, regards,
>
>anselm

Yes, thanks, that helped. I will try to remember now that it is just a
single \ for escaping when prompted for a pattern...