all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* [HELP:]Reload buffer from disk file.
@ 2005-06-10  7:05 Raymond
From: Raymond @ 2005-06-10  7:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all:

When a file is modified at disk. Emacs can not update the buffer
automatically. When I reload buffer manually, I muse reopen the file.

Any other easy way to do the same thing?

Thank you very much.
Raymond

* Re: [HELP:]Reload buffer from disk file.
@ 2005-06-10  7:52 ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2005-06-10  7:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 15:05:51 +0800
> From: Raymond <rshen_bea@yahoo.com>
>
> When a file is modified at disk. Emacs can not update the buffer
> automatically.

Yes, it can.  Look up "auto-revert-mode" in the manual.

(If you tried to search for such a feature in the manual before you
posted the question, please describe how you looked for it; perhaps
the manual needs some work to make it easier.)

* Re: [HELP:]Reload buffer from disk file.
@ 2005-06-10  8:10 ` Peter Dyballa
From: Peter Dyballa @ 2005-06-10  8:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Am 10.06.2005 um 09:05 schrieb Raymond:

> Any other easy way to do the same thing?

M-x revert-buffer RET, then answer y or yes.

--
Greetings

   Pete

Think of XML as Lisp for COBOL programmers.

	-- Tony-A (some guy on /.)