all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Compiling ...
@ 2005-10-04 20:32 SexyG
       [not found] ` <mailman.9748.1128462098.20277.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: SexyG @ 2005-10-04 20:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hey guys,

I'm a bit new to emacs ... and I'd love to use it to compile my C
programs ... using M-x compile (and maybe adding a keyboard shortcut a
bit later ...)
But I have a problem ... I'd like to know which is the shell that is
used for this command ? because ... where I work, tcsh is by default so
I put an 'exec zsh' line in .mytcshrc but everytime I try compiling with
Emacs, it seems that it also opens a tcsh and execs a zsh (because I
also added a 'w' line in my .mytcshrc to see who is on my machine, and
in Emacs the result of the 'w' appears so I guess it must have launched
a tcsh and executed the line) ... and it screws up the compilation
buffer ... I hope I'm being clear enough ...

Thanks a lot ...

--
Kiss

* Re: Compiling ...
@ 2005-10-04 21:39 ` Kevin Rodgers
       [not found] ` <mailman.9748.1128462098.20277.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Kevin Rodgers @ 2005-10-04 21:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

SexyG wrote:
 > I'm a bit new to emacs ... and I'd love to use it to compile my C
 > programs ... using M-x compile (and maybe adding a keyboard shortcut a
 > bit later ...)
 > But I have a problem ... I'd like to know which is the shell that is
 > used for this command ?

C-h v shell-file-name

 > because ... where I work, tcsh is by default so
 > I put an 'exec zsh' line in .mytcshrc but everytime I try compiling with
 > Emacs, it seems that it also opens a tcsh and execs a zsh (because I
 > also added a 'w' line in my .mytcshrc to see who is on my machine, and
 > in Emacs the result of the 'w' appears so I guess it must have launched
 > a tcsh and executed the line) ... and it screws up the compilation
 > buffer ... I hope I'm being clear enough ...

(setq shell-file-name "/usr/bin/zsh")

--
Kevin Rodgers

* Re: Compiling ...