all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* can emacs 21.3 cvs handle revisions ?
@ 2005-09-16 13:38 mak kwak
From: mak kwak @ 2005-09-16 13:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hallo group members!
My concern is about revisions.
When I'm invoking cvs-update to get cvs tree under my emacs, it asks me for module name to get and destination directory.
It does not mention anything about revision name (value after `-r' in command line cvs command).
Does it mean that cvs front end for emacs does not support revisions ?

Greetings

Koncert FUN LOVIN' CRIMINALS 01 października!
Wystąpią na Lee Rocks, dużym koncercie rockowym
- w amfiteatrze, w warszawskim Parku Sowińskiego!
http://klik.wp.pl/?adr=http%3A%2F%2Fadv.reklama.wp.pl%2Fas%2Flee1.html&sid=505

* can emacs 21.3 cvs handle revisions ?
@ 2005-09-16 14:46 mak kwak
From: mak kwak @ 2005-09-16 14:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hallo group members!
My concern is about revisions.
When I'm invoking cvs-update to get cvs tree under my emacs, it asks me for module name to get and destination directory.
It does not mention anything about revision name (value after `-r' in command line cvs command).
Does it mean that cvs front end for emacs does not support revisions ?

Greetings

Koncert FUN LOVIN' CRIMINALS 01 października!
Wystąpią na Lee Rocks, dużym koncercie rockowym
- w amfiteatrze, w warszawskim Parku Sowińskiego!
http://klik.wp.pl/?adr=http%3A%2F%2Fadv.reklama.wp.pl%2Fas%2Flee1.html&sid=505

* Re: can emacs 21.3 cvs handle revisions ?
       [not found] <mailman.7289.1126883002.20277.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2005-09-18  9:47 ` Colin S. Miller
From: Colin S. Miller @ 2005-09-18  9:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

mak kwak wrote:
> Hallo group members!
> My concern is about revisions.
> When I'm invoking cvs-update to get cvs tree under my emacs, it asks me for module name to get and destination directory.
> It does not mention anything about revision name (value after `-r' in command line cvs command).
> Does it mean that cvs front end for emacs does not support revisions ?
>
> Greetings

> Koncert FUN LOVIN' CRIMINALS 01 października!
> Wystąpią na Lee Rocks, dużym koncercie rockowym
> - w amfiteatrze, w warszawskim Parku Sowińskiego!
> http://klik.wp.pl/?adr=http%3A%2F%2Fadv.reklama.wp.pl%2Fas%2Flee1.html&sid=505

Mak,

use C-u M-x cvs-update
or C-u C-u M-x cvs-update,
both will ask for aditional parameters to the pcl-cvs command.
C-u C-u will automatically use them for the next plain pcl-cvs
command, C-u won't.

BTW,
you might be better using tags rather than revision numbers.
Revision numbers are simply a count of how often the file
has been modified. Tags record the revision numbers of each file
at a given time; the revision numbers are normally totally different.
The CVS online manual will explain this in greater detail.

HTH,
Colin S. Miller

--
Replace the obvious in my email address with the first three letters
of the hostname to reply.

* Re: can emacs 21.3 cvs handle revisions ?
@ 2005-09-19  8:41 mak kwak
From: mak kwak @ 2005-09-19  8:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

> mak kwak wrote:
>
> Hallo group members!
> My concern is about revisions.
> When I'm invoking cvs-update to get cvs tree under my emacs, it asks me for
> module name to get and destination directory.
> It does not mention anything about revision name (value after `-r' in command
> line cvs command).
> Does it mean that cvs front end for emacs does not support revisions ?
>

> Greetings
>

>     ----------------------------------------------------
>     Koncert FUN LOVIN' CRIMINALS 01 października! Wystąpią na Lee Rocks, dużym koncercie rockowym - w amfiteatrze, w warszawskim Parku Sowińskiego! http://klik.wp.pl/?adr=http%3A%2F%2Fadv.reklama.wp.pl%2Fas%2Flee1.html&sid=505
>

> Mak,
>

> use C-u M-x cvs-update
> or C-u C-u M-x cvs-update,
> both will ask for aditional parameters to the pcl-cvs command.
> C-u C-u will automatically use them for the next plain pcl-cvs command, C-u won't.
>
> BTW,
> you might be better using tags rather than revision numbers.
> Revision numbers are simply a count of how often the file
> has been modified. Tags record the revision numbers of each file
> at a given time; the revision numbers are normally totally different.
> The CVS online manual will explain this in greater detail.
>

> HTH,
> Colin S. Miller

Thank You Colin. It works as You say.

Korzystny kredyt mieszkaniowy? Tak, to tutaj!
Najniższe oprocentowanie - już od 1,60% w CHF! Kliknij i sprawdź:
http://klik.wp.pl/?adr=http%3A%2F%2Fadv.reklama.wp.pl%2Fas%2Fop9.html&sid=504