all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* gnuserv error with emacs 21.3
@ 2005-07-07 18:02 kgold
From: kgold @ 2005-07-07 18:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

I've been running gnuserv/gnuclient forever.

After I upgraded my AIX 5.1 machine from 20.7 to 21.3, gnuserv fails
every few days.  Existing clients work fine, but I can't start new
ones.

The error is:

gnuclient: Connection refused
gnuclient: unable to connect to local

ps indicates that a gnuserv process is still running.

Did something incompatible happen with 21.3?

As a workaround, is there any way to restart or reconnect without
closing emacs?

--
Ken Goldman   kgold@watson.ibm.com   914-784-7646

only message in thread, other threads:[~2005-07-07 18:02 UTC | newest]