all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Can't load .el files
@ 2005-04-22 10:18 JS
       [not found] ` <mailman.2583.1114168337.2895.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: JS @ 2005-04-22 10:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have tried to put the following two .el files in my load path:

tabbar.el
pc-bufsw.el

In my .emacs file I have writtin:

(require 'tabbar)
(require 'pc-bufsw)

But when I restart emacs I get this error:

An error has occurred while loading `/home/johs/.emacs':

File error: "Cannot open load file", "tabbar"

To ensure normal operation, you should investigate the cause
of the error in your initialization file and remove it.  Start
Emacs with the `--debug-init' option to view a complete error
backtrace

I also have setnu.el in the same load path and it works fine, I have this in
my .emacs file for setnu:

(require 'setnu)
(global-set-key "\C-cl" 'setnu-mode)

Why can't I load the other modes?