all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Windows Icons for GNU from Luise Fernandes logo
@ 2005-08-04 23:04 Lennart Borgman
From: Lennart Borgman @ 2005-08-04 23:04 UTC (permalink / raw

Rob Davenport has made MS Windows icons for Emacs from the current logo
by Luise Fernandes. I think it would be nice to use those with the MS
Windows version of Emacs. Could we do that? What icons are used on other
platforms?

The MS Windows icons are available here:

http://users.adelphia.net/~rob.davenport/gnuicons.html

* Re: Windows Icons for GNU from Luise Fernandes logo
@ 2005-08-05 17:50 ` Markus Gritsch
From: Markus Gritsch @ 2005-08-05 17:50 UTC (permalink / raw
  Cc: Emacs Devel

Lennart Borgman wrote:
> Rob Davenport has made MS Windows icons for Emacs from the current logo
> by Luise Fernandes. I think it would be nice to use those with the MS
> Windows version of Emacs. Could we do that? What icons are used on other
> platforms?
>
> The MS Windows icons are available here:
>
> http://users.adelphia.net/~rob.davenport/gnuicons.html

I like the Emacs logo at http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki quite
much.  IIRC it was done by Daniel Lundin.  He sent me the logo with and
without the 'emacs'-writing in various formats, and I am currently using
it as my Emacs splash-image (see attachment).  I also created some Icons
containing just the logo (second attachment).  Finally I also have a
coffee mug labeled with the logo, but, however, it is not attached ;)

Have fun,
Markus

[-- Attachment #2: startup.png --]
[-- Type: image/png, Size: 30140 bytes --]

[-- Attachment #3: icons.zip --]
[-- Type: application/x-zip-compressed, Size: 5275 bytes --]

* Re: Windows Icons for GNU from Luise Fernandes logo
@ 2005-08-05 18:03   ` Lennart Borgman
From: Lennart Borgman @ 2005-08-05 18:03 UTC (permalink / raw
  Cc: Emacs Devel

Markus Gritsch wrote:

> I like the Emacs logo at http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki quite
> much.  IIRC it was done by Daniel Lundin.  He sent me the logo with
> and without the 'emacs'-writing in various formats, and I am currently
> using it as my Emacs splash-image (see attachment).  I also created
> some Icons containing just the logo (second attachment).  Finally I
> also have a coffee mug labeled with the logo, but, however, it is not
> attached ;)

Thanks, the icons are quite nice and easily visible, but maybe  they
remind more of the wiki than of Emacs?

* Re: Windows Icons for GNU from Luise Fernandes logo
@ 2005-08-05 18:25     ` Markus Gritsch
From: Markus Gritsch @ 2005-08-05 18:25 UTC (permalink / raw
  Cc: Emacs Devel

Lennart Borgman wrote:

> Thanks, the icons are quite nice and easily visible, but maybe  they
> remind more of the wiki than of Emacs?

Maybe.  IMO the logo and the writing looks modern, fresh, clean, ...
The original Emacs splash-logo appeard always a bit baroque to me :)

However, I am totally aware, that beauty lies entirely in the eye of the
beholder, and am equally happe using Daniel's logo just in my very own
Emacs.

Be well,
Markus