all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
From: David Hunter <hunterd_42@comcast.net>
Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org
Subject: Re: Emacs freezes and takes 100% CPU
Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2005 21:59:37 -0400	[thread overview]

Markus Gritsch wrote:
> I am using the prebuilt CVS Emacs for Windows from
> http://www.crasseux.com/emacs/.  Can someone on another platform please
> try to reproduce the bug, to see if it is specific to the Win32 version
> or a general problem?

I have reproduced it on today's CVS, my mingw build, Windows XP SP2.

Steps to reproduce:

- Set your .emacs file to the minimum reported by Markus
- Dismiss welcome screen and reach *scratch*
- Move point to first line (;; This buffer..)
- Resize window width to less than 21: arrows will appear in the left fringe
- Resize window width to exactly 21, so left fringe arrows disappear
- Move point right twice

What's interesting is, as the window width goes below 21, the buffer starts to scroll itself horizontally, such that arrows appear in the left fringe.  But when you click on the left fringe, the buffer scrolls in the opposite direction expected.  You also can't move point to column 0 anymore.

-Dave