all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Possible Windows emacs bug
@ 2005-05-19 13:31 Vilar Camara Neto
From: Vilar Camara Neto @ 2005-05-19 13:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

I'm writing to report a possible bug in emacs for Windows.

I'm under Windows 2000.  I downloaded the last Emacs' development
version from http://www.crasseux.com/emacs/.  Typing M-x emacs-version
reports

  GNU Emacs 22.0.50.2 (i386-mingw-nt5.0.2195) of 2005-04-16 on LAPTOP

After a fresh installation, no .emacs file present in my system, I ran
'runemacs.exe', issued M-x ispell-change-dictionary and the only option
available is "default", although the variable ispell-dictionary-alist is
full of options.

Even more strange is:  if I do M-x customize-variable
ispell-dictionary-alist, after the "State:" button there's a message
saying "NO CUSTOMIZATION DATA; you should not see this.".

Under my previous emacs version, 21.3.1 of 2004-03-10, the "State:"
message is "this option is unchanged from its standard setting.", as
expected.  And M-x ispell-change-dictionary works.

--
Best regards,
Vilar Camara Neto

only message in thread, other threads:[~2005-05-19 13:31 UTC | newest]