all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* How to auto-save modified buffers when task-switching Emacs?
@ 2004-12-07 11:02 Barak Zalstein
From: Barak Zalstein @ 2004-12-07 11:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

Is it possible to configure Emacs to automatically save all modified buffers
once switching from Emacs (by using Alt-Tab) into another application (in
which the same buffers might be already visited)?
 M-x auto-save-mode does not do the trick.

I'm using Emacs 21.3.1 on Windows XP.

Barak.

* Re: How to auto-save modified buffers when task-switching Emacs?
@ 2004-12-08 18:27 ` Kevin Rodgers
From: Kevin Rodgers @ 2004-12-08 18:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

Barak Zalstein wrote:
> Is it possible to configure Emacs to automatically save all modified buffers
> once switching from Emacs (by using Alt-Tab) into another application (in
> which the same buffers might be already visited)?
>  M-x auto-save-mode does not do the trick.

Judging from the Focus Events and Misc[ellaneous Window System] Events
nodes of the Emacs Lisp manual, and the xterm.c and w32term.c source
files, I don't think Emacs generates an event that you could bind
to a command or runs a Lisp function you could advise or hook
into.

--
Kevin Rodgers