all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* code beautification
@ 2004-12-02 15:32 Thomas Ruschival
From: Thomas Ruschival @ 2004-12-02 15:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

I got a lot of old code that was produced by some IDE.
the IDE used this indentation style
if(1>2)
{
	printf("Hello World!");
}

I personally prefer the K&R c-style over this and furthermore I have the habit of putting curly braces after each if,for,while,do I don't like code like
if (2<3)
	printf("hello world");

My problem is now I don't know how to build a regexp that works over several lines with backrefs.

The "missing" Curly Braces are not important but changing the syle would be nice.

Anyone an idea how to reformat code in that way?

Thomas

* Re: code beautification
@ 2004-12-02 16:27 ` Henrik S. Hansen
From: Henrik S. Hansen @ 2004-12-02 16:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thomas Ruschival <t.ruschival@vivid-md.de> writes:

> Anyone an idea how to reformat code in that way?

What about indent?  This is not an emacs program, though.

--
Henrik S. Hansen     http://freecode.dk/~hsh/
Computer science (software engineering) student

* Re: code beautification
@ 2004-12-02 16:28 ` EScott
From: EScott @ 2004-12-02 16:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: help-gnu-emacs, help-gnu-emacs-bounces+escott=nyiso.com

help-gnu-emacs-bounces+escott=nyiso.com@gnu.org wrote on 12/02/2004
10:32:47 AM:

> I got a lot of old code that was produced by some IDE.
> the IDE used this indentation style
> if(1>2)
> {
>    printf("Hello World!");
> }
>
> I personally prefer the K&R c-style over this and furthermore I have
> the habit of putting curly braces after each if,for,while,do I don't
> like code like
> if (2<3)
>    printf("hello world");
>
> My problem is now I don't know how to build a regexp that works over
> several lines with backrefs.
>
> The "missing" Curly Braces are not important but changing the syle
> would be nice.
>
> Anyone an idea how to reformat code in that way?
>
> Thomas

M-x c-set-style

and choose K&R

* Re: code beautification
       [not found] <mailman.3121.1102005569.27204.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2004-12-02 22:22 ` Thomas Ruschival
From: Thomas Ruschival @ 2004-12-02 22:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

EC> M-x c-set-style
EC> and choose K&R

Well this is of course the default c-style on my system but already written code will not be reformatted if I use indent-region. it will be reindented but linebreake before the curlybrace are not undone.

Thomas

* Re: code beautification
@ 2004-12-02 22:27   ` Thomas Ruschival
From: Thomas Ruschival @ 2004-12-02 22:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

HSH> What about indent?  This is not an emacs program, though.

Thanks alot, I never used indent with lots of switches but now it has become my best friend.

Thomas

* Re: code beautification
@ 2004-12-02 23:09 ` Leonardo Boiko
From: Leonardo Boiko @ 2004-12-02 23:09 UTC (permalink / raw)