Lennart Borgman wrote: > I have attached a version I sent to Emacs Devel earlier with some > corrections to Stefans code. It also handles path like /c. I have tested it > with MSYS which uses such paths, but I have not tested the build process > yet. (Since it takes such a long time on this very old pc.) If I cd to /cygdrive/d/src/emacs-cygwin and make bootstrap I get the old message abount encoded-kb not found. If I cd to /d/src/emacs-cygwin and make bootstrap I get: "./../bin/emacs.exe" -batch --no-init-file --no-site-file --multibyte -l autoload \ --eval '(setq find-file-hook nil \ find-file-suppress-same-file-warnings t \ generated-autoload-file \ "/d/src/emacs-cygwin/lisp/loaddefs.el")' \ -f batch-update-autoloads /d/src/emacs-cygwin/lisp calc calendar emacs-lisp emulation eshell gnus international language mail mh-e net obsolete play progmodes term textmodes toolbar url handler expand-file-name (subdirs.el /:/d/src/emacs-cygwin/lisp) Wrong type argument: number-or-marker-p, nil Signal 127 make[1]: *** [autoloads] Error 255 make[1]: Leaving directory `/d/src/emacs-cygwin/lisp' make: *** [bootstrap-gmake] Error 2 Jan D.