all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Help with isearch
@ 2004-10-03 15:10 Ziv.Peer
From: Ziv.Peer @ 2004-10-03 15:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,
I'm working with Emacs version 21.1, loading specman-mode.el.
I'm using lots of underscore in my coding (e.g: word1_word2_word3). When
I'm searching with "C-s C-w", the whole string is being highlighted,
including the underscore characters (A single C-s C-w will highlight
"word1_word2_word3").
When working in VHDL mode, C-s C-w will highlight the text untill the next
underscore (first C-w will highlight "word1", the second C-w will highlight
"word1_word2", etc.).
I would like to have the VHDL mode behaviour when working at specman mode.
Is it possible, and if so then what should I set in order to get this
behaviour?

I'd appreciate your kind advice (and I appologize for my poor English)

Best Regards

Ziv Peer

Tel: +972-3-9287193
mailto:zpeer@ecitele.com

* Re: Help with isearch
       [not found] <mailman.1041.1096820264.2017.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2004-10-04 16:15 ` Kevin Rodgers
From: Kevin Rodgers @ 2004-10-04 16:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

Ziv.Peer@ecitele.com wrote:
 > I'm working with Emacs version 21.1, loading specman-mode.el.
 > I'm using lots of underscore in my coding (e.g: word1_word2_word3). When
 > I'm searching with "C-s C-w", the whole string is being highlighted,
 > including the underscore characters (A single C-s C-w will highlight
 > "word1_word2_word3").
 > When working in VHDL mode, C-s C-w will highlight the text untill the next
 > underscore (first C-w will highlight "word1", the second C-w will highlight
 > "word1_word2", etc.).
 > I would like to have the VHDL mode behaviour when working at specman mode.
 > Is it possible, and if so then what should I set in order to get this
 > behaviour?

Just a guess, not having specman-mode.el installed:

(add-hook 'specman-mode-hook
           (lambda ()
             (modify-syntax-entry ?_ "_"))) ; awas "w"?

--
Kevin Rodgers