all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* deleting minibuffer
@ 2007-08-29 11:19 Nikola Skoric
From: Nikola Skoric @ 2007-08-29 11:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi there everybody :-) I'm a brand new emacs user, and I'd like to get
rid of some of some minibuffers that I generate (for instance
*Completions* minibuffer) and then the y get in my way when I do the
C-x -> thing. When I do C-x 0, I get "Attempt to delete minibuffer...".
Why is attempting to delete minibuffer wrong?

Second thing is: how do I force emacs to break lines for me? When I write
news posts, I want my lines to be less than 70 chars. Is there a way to
force emacs to break my lines for me?

And, how do I prevent emacs from showing me introductory screen? If I run
emacs -nw foo, I want to see foo opened, not introductory screen... :-\

--
"Now the storm has passed over me
I'm left to drift on a dead calm sea