Hi David, Daniel, Stefan, all! 1 hours ago David Kastrup wrote: > Backward compatibility with _what_? lexical-let was available in > Emacs 21.1 already. Ah, ok. That was in the code which were considered doomed at this time. Yes, I know, macros were allowed, ... In fact I'm using it already ;-) . > What isn't, is setting the lexical-binding file variable to t in order > to have all "let" interpreted as "lexical-let" by default. Thanks for clarifying this. Indeed it was this aspect I probably had in mind. 12 minutes ago Stefan Monnier wrote: > Please never do that. Use (eval-when-compile (require 'cl)) instead. Indeed that is already in the code. @Daniel: Please go ahead! Grüße Stefan