all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* bug#1249: menu-bar-item problem
@ 2008-10-27 22:03 Chong Yidong
From: Chong Yidong @ 2008-10-27 22:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sean Sieger; +Cc: 1249

    >> emacs -Q
    >> f10
    >>
    >> Wrong type argument: listp, "Delete text in region and copy it to the
    >> clipboard" [The backtrace is long.]
    >
    > I can't reproduce this: after pressing f10 (which opens the File menu),
    > pressing "e" does nothing except beep.  Is it supposed to do anything?

    On w32 it opens the Edit menu. I thought it should to that on all
    platforms.

  Right?  That's what I was expecting.

Not on GNU/Linux.  But never mind; could you post the backtrace?

* bug#1249: menu-bar-item problem
@ 2008-10-30  1:07 Sean Sieger
From: Sean Sieger @ 2008-10-30  1:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bug-gnu-emacs

On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 4:41 PM, Chong Yidong <cyd@stupidchicken.com> wrote:
> What is the value of menu-bar-mode (C-h v menu-bar-mode RET) in your
> Emacs?

nil

> Are you using a text-only terminal or X?

Yes, xterm.

* bug#1249: menu-bar-item problem
@ 2008-10-29 20:58 Chong Yidong
From: Chong Yidong @ 2008-10-29 20:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sean Sieger; +Cc: 1249

Assuming you're using tmm (the text-based menu) instead of the GTK
menubar, I've just fixed a bug in tmm that is probably related to what
you're seeing.  Maybe that removes your problem; let me know.

* bug#1249: menu-bar-item problem
@ 2008-10-29 20:41 Chong Yidong
From: Chong Yidong @ 2008-10-29 20:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sean Sieger; +Cc: 1249

What is the value of menu-bar-mode (C-h v menu-bar-mode RET) in your
Emacs?  Are you using a text-only terminal or X?

* bug#1249: menu-bar-item problem
@ 2008-10-25 17:47 Chong Yidong
From: Chong Yidong @ 2008-10-25 17:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sean Sieger; +Cc: 1249