all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Echo elisp commands in a buffer
@ 2018-08-24  5:48 J191
From: J191 @ 2018-08-24  5:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Is there a facility, setting or plugin in emacs to list the sequence of elisp commands when using emacs, except perhaps listing the actual text a user enters ?

example

next-line
[some edits]
to-beginning-of-line
[some edit]

* Echo elisp commands in a buffer
@ 2018-08-24  6:59 ` Rusi
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Rusi @ 2018-08-24  6:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

https://github.com/lewang/command-log-mode
is what I've used.
There are some others
(from phone)

* Re: Echo elisp commands in a buffer
@ 2018-08-24  7:08 ` Joost Kremers
From: Joost Kremers @ 2018-08-24  7:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: J191; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

On Fri, Aug 24 2018, J191 wrote:
> Is there a facility, setting or plugin in emacs to list the
> sequence of elisp commands when using emacs, except perhaps
> listing the actual text a user enters ?
>
> example
>
> next-line
> [some edits]
> to-beginning-of-line
> [some edit]

In Emacs 26, typing `C-h l` basically gives you that, although it
does list the actual text the user entered.

--
Joost Kremers
Life has its moments

* Re: Echo elisp commands in a buffer
@ 2018-08-24  7:21   ` tomas
From: tomas @ 2018-08-24  7:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

* Re: Echo elisp commands in a buffer
@ 2018-08-24  9:40 ` Michael Heerdegen
From: Michael Heerdegen @ 2018-08-24  9:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: J191; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

J191 <dj9027@gmail.com> writes:

> Is there a facility, setting or plugin in emacs to list the sequence
> of elisp commands when using emacs, except perhaps listing the actual
> text a user enters ?

I guess I could change interaction-log.el to do that if the package
otherwise seems ok for you.  Unfortunately it's not (yet) in Gnu Elpa.

Michael.

* Re: Echo elisp commands in a buffer
@ 2018-08-24 16:58   ` J191
From: J191 @ 2018-08-24 16:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On Friday, August 24, 2018 at 10:59:48 AM UTC+4, Rusi wrote:
> https://github.com/lewang/command-log-mode
> is what I've used.
> There are some others
> (from phone)

Thanks to all the replies.

* RE: Echo elisp commands in a buffer
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2018-08-28  1:14 ` Drew Adams
From: Drew Adams @ 2018-08-28  1:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: J191, help-gnu-emacs

> Is there a facility, setting or plugin in emacs to list the sequence of elisp
> commands when using emacs, except perhaps listing the actual text a user
> enters ?
>
> example
>
> next-line
> [some edits]
> to-beginning-of-line
> [some edit]

Library showkey.el can help with this. See `showkey-log-mode'.

https://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/ShowKey