all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* search and replace
@ 2004-07-03 20:57 David Rasmussen
From: David Rasmussen @ 2004-07-03 20:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

I am trying with query replace to replace

\ncline[linewidth=0.3mm,offset=-1.5mm,arrows=->,nodesep=4mm]

with

\traverse

but it just replaces 0 occurrences. I don't understand why.

Do I have to do anything special? Is it because the string contains
special characters or ... ?

/David

* Search and replace
@ 2008-06-13 21:09 tho643
From: tho643 @ 2008-06-13 21:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Here's an example of what I'm trying to do in my emacs console:

me@your-domain.com
you@my-domain.com
this@no-domain.com

Now after a search and replace this is what I want to get:

your-domain.com
my-domain.com
no-domain.com

I do not konw how to get rid of the 'me' 'you' 'this' and '@' in one
search and replace command.  I know how to change the @, but how would
be able to delete it, and everything else that happens to come before
it, on the same line.  I hope this makes sense to you.

Thanks