all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Edit file write protected by superuser rigths
@ 2005-08-08 20:47 Armin Goralczyk
From: Armin Goralczyk @ 2005-08-08 20:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi
How can I edit a file that is write protected by superuser rights? I
can visit the file but it is read-only. I removed read-only
protection by C-x C-q (toggle-read-only) but after editing I cannot
save the file. Minibuffer says:
File fink.conf is write-protected; try to save anyway? (yes or no) ->
yes
Doing chmod: operation not permitted

So how can I save the file provided that I can have superuser rights?

Thank you
Regards
Armin

[parent not found: <mailman.3054.1123534713.20277.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>]