all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* NEWS says utf-translate-cjk-mode is turned on by default
@ 2004-07-16 13:32 Jens Petersen
From: Jens Petersen @ 2004-07-16 13:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

The NEWS file currently say

| ** The utf-8/16 coding systems have been enhanced.
| By default, untranslatable utf-8 sequences are simply composed into
| single quasi-characters.  User option `utf-translate-cjk-mode' (it is
| turned on by default) arranges to translate many utf-8 CJK character
| sequences into real Emacs characters in a similar way to the Mule-UCS
| system.

However utf-translate-cjk-mode is off by default AFAICT
so I think either the text the parentheses should be removed,
unless the default is changed.

Jens

* Re: NEWS says utf-translate-cjk-mode is turned on by default
@ 2004-07-16 13:48 ` Jason Rumney
From: Jason Rumney @ 2004-07-16 13:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

Jens Petersen wrote:

> However utf-translate-cjk-mode is off by default AFAICT

international/utf-8.el shows its initial-value as t.

The change was made a couple of weeks ago. Have you recompiled the lisp
files and redumped emacs since then?