all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* newbie: how to fold my c++ codes in emacs?
@ 2004-05-13 13:51 Xuer
From: Xuer @ 2004-05-13 13:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

by class , by function ...etc?

I am new to emacs, I'll be appreciative if you give me more details.
Thank you very much in advance. :)

* Re: newbie: how to fold my c++ codes in emacs?
       [not found] <mailman.5059.1084457392.1061.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2004-05-13 15:23 ` Sebastian Gutsfeld
From: Sebastian Gutsfeld @ 2004-05-13 15:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

Xuer <softml@spymac.com> writes:

> by class , by function ...etc?
>
> I am new to emacs, I'll be appreciative if you give me more details.
> Thank you very much in advance. :)

I think you want HideShow minor mode. Read about it at
http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/HideShow

   Sebastian
--
fight fire with fire and everything will burn, yeah!

@ 2004-05-13 20:54 ` Kai Grossjohann
From: Kai Grossjohann @ 2004-05-13 20:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

Xuer <softml@spymac.com> writes:

> by class , by function ...etc?

Perhaps M-x speedbar RET and M-x imenu RET and ECB (add-on package,
needs to be installed separately) can help you with browsing source
code.

There is also ebrowse which comes with Emacs.  It is specific to C++.

Kai