all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* using id-utils/mkid/gid with C++ instead of C
@ 2004-02-10 22:35 Brian Auld
From: Brian Auld @ 2004-02-10 22:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I've been a satisfied id-utils user for the past year. I was recently
confronted with C++ code and appear to be running into problems. For
example:

1st file: class.h:
--------------------
class class_A{
    func_A();
};

2nd file: lib.cpp
--------------------
class_A::func_A(){
}

3rd file main.cpp
---------------------
main(){
    class_A::func_A();
}

When I run mkid/gid on the function: func_A, the only hit I get is the
member function declaration in the 1st file. Am I missing something
here. Is there a trick to get 'gid' to work better with C++ code? I
checked man pages and the email archives, but wasn't able to come up
with anything helpful. When I run 'gid' on func_A, I'd like to get hits
for all 3 file occurences above.

Thanks,
Brian

* Re: using id-utils/mkid/gid with C++ instead of C
@ 2004-02-11  8:39 ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2004-02-11  8:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 15:35:03 -0700
> From: Brian Auld <brian.auld@lefthandnetworks.com>
>
> I've been a satisfied id-utils user for the past year.

This is not really a good place to post questions about ID-utils.  You
should have posted to help-gnu-utils or bug-gnu-utils instead, unless
you are sure the problem is in the Emacs interface to ID-utils.

> class class_A{
>     func_A();
> };
>
> 2nd file: lib.cpp
> --------------------
> class_A::func_A(){
> }
>
> 3rd file main.cpp
> ---------------------
> main(){
>     class_A::func_A();
> }
>
> When I run mkid/gid on the function: func_A, the only hit I get is the
> member function declaration in the 1st file.

What is your version of ID-utils?  Perhaps you have an old version
that has a bug which is already corrected in a newer version.

Also, it is good to run `lid' outside Emacs to see if it finds the
other two files.  If not, it's an ID-utils bug that you should report
to its maintainer(s), not an Emacs problem.

* Re: using id-utils/mkid/gid with C++ instead of C
@ 2004-02-11 14:50   ` Brian Auld
From: Brian Auld @ 2004-02-11 14:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Sorry for the bother.

My id-utils version is 3.2 and I get the same error from outside emacs.

I'll redirect this to the id-utils mailing list.

Brian