all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* flyspell mode and american.hash?
@ 2004-01-13 18:10 Jeff D. Hamann
From: Jeff D. Hamann @ 2004-01-13 18:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

I've been trying to start flyspell-mode (actualy I would love for
flyspell-mode to be "on" when I'm editing almost anything other than code
(TeX mode mostly) ) and keep getting an error message in the Minibuffer
window, "Can't open c:/american.hash^M^M" and can't seem to find
american.hash on my machine (running winxp). I've copied the c:/english.hash
to c:/american.hash and it seems to work fine so far.

I was hoping to be able to have flyspell auto correct words as I entered
them, or allow me to press a mouse button to let me select from a pull down
menu to choose the word I wanted. I'm a little nervous about making changes
in the options (as I've been making direct changes to the .emacs files) and
tool-tips don't seem to be functioning (or at least I haven't been able to
get them to work) when trying to use them from GUD or something similar yet.

Thanks,
Jeff.

---
Jeff D. Hamann
Forest Informatics, Inc.
PO Box 1421
Corvallis, Oregon USA 97339-1421
(office) 541-754-1428
(cell) 541-740-5988
jeff.hamann@forestinformatics.com
www.forestinformatics.com

* Re: flyspell mode and american.hash?
@ 2004-01-14  2:41 ` Kevin Rodgers
From: Kevin Rodgers @ 2004-01-14  2:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jeff D. Hamann wrote:

> I've been trying to start flyspell-mode (actualy I would love for
> flyspell-mode to be "on" when I'm editing almost anything other than code
> (TeX mode mostly) )

That's the easy part:

(add-hook 'text-mode-hook (lambda () (flyspell-mode 1)))

--
Kevin Rodgers