all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Pymacs mode does not work after autocomplete added to .emacs file and then deleted
@ 2008-04-10  0:26 Newell Jensen
From: Newell Jensen @ 2008-04-10  0:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hello all and thanks in advance for any help that you can give me.  I don't
know what is going on but I have not been able to figure this out.  Before I
did anything I had pymacs and py-mode working so that when I was working on
a python file I could do autocompletion by hitting tab.  Then I wanted to
figure out how to get completion working where I could have something
similar to Visual Studio's intellisense.  To do this I appended

(require 'hippie-exp)

(setq hippie-expand-try-functions-list
'(try-expand-dabbrev
try-expand-dabbrev-all-buffers
try-expand-dabbrev-from-kill
try-complete-file-name-partially
try-complete-file-name
try-complete-lisp-symbol-partially
try-complete-lisp-symbol
try-expand-whole-kill))
but this was givng me problems because it wouldn't allow me to have the
python completion anymore.  So all I did was deleted what I put in (the
above) from my .emacs file but now it will not go back to the original way
that it was.  I restarted my computer, looked in /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp
etc to see if I could find the problem but I am stumped.

Once again, to iterate.  ALL I did was copied the above text into the bottom
of my .emacs file and then deleted it, but my emacs no longer does the
python completion.

Any ideas would be appreciated.  Thanks.

--
Newell

Before enlightenment, chop wood and carry water
After enlightenment, code and build circuits

* Re: Pymacs mode does not work after autocomplete added to .emacs file and then deleted
@ 2008-04-11 13:04 ` Nikolaj Schumacher
From: Nikolaj Schumacher @ 2008-04-11 13:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Newell Jensen; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

"Newell Jensen" <pillar2012@gmail.com> wrote:

> Once again, to iterate.  ALL I did was copied the above text into the bottom
> of my .emacs file and then deleted it, but my emacs no longer does the
> python completion.

Just a wild guess: Whenever I see something odd like that, it's because
an outdated .elc file is loaded instead of an updated .el.

Other than that, I'd suggest starting emacs with -q, and evaluating the
commands in your .emacs step by step (C-x C-e) until it breaks.

regards,
Nikolaj Schumacher