all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* can emacs be used to debug java
@ 2003-10-27 23:57 William Shieh
From: William Shieh @ 2003-10-27 23:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

Just wonder can I use Emacs to debug java application under Unix
environment?

Thanks,
William

* Re: can emacs be used to debug java
@ 2003-10-29  7:13 ` Tim X
From: Tim X @ 2003-10-29  7:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

 William> Hi, Just wonder can I use Emacs to debug java application
 William> under Unix environment?

 William> Thanks, William

Check out JDE mode. Its been a few years since I looked at it, but
back then it was very good and provided a lot of useful tools for
working with java.

Tim

--
Tim Cross

* Re: can emacs be used to debug java
@ 2003-12-04 19:36 ` Kai Grossjohann
From: Kai Grossjohann @ 2003-12-04 19:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

"William Shieh" <gwshieh@hotmail.com> writes:

> Just wonder can I use Emacs to debug java application under Unix
> environment?

I guess that M-x jdb RET might work with a stock Emacs.  But I agree
with Tim that JDEE is really cool stuff.  Please try it for Java
development.  It has an interface to jdb, and it also comes with its
own debugger.  So you have two debuggers to choose from.

Kai