all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Cooperate with non-Emacs-users on CVS projects
@ 2003-10-14 21:09 Kai Grossjohann
From: Kai Grossjohann @ 2003-10-14 21:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm lucky to be able to use Emacs even though my team-mate is using
NetBeans plus WinCVS.  He has gotten into the habit of invoking
checkin (however that works in WinCVS, I don't have the foggiest)
without typing anything at all, AFAICT.  (There seems to be some
NetBeans facility for using CVS, as well, but I don't know what he
does with that.)

Now, I like to do C-x 4 a to type useful data and then use C from
PCL-CVS.

Do people have suggestions on cooperating with others in this kind of
scenario?  In a carrot-and-stick (but more carrot than stick) kind of
fashion, I'd like to lure him in with some useful gimmick that he
might like so that he produces log entries of some kind or other.

Kai

* RE: Cooperate with non-Emacs-users on CVS projects
@ 2003-12-02 14:00 andrew.maguire
From: andrew.maguire @ 2003-12-02 14:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: help-gnu-emacs

> Hm.  But anyhow, I think he doesn't type checkin messages, even if
> asked.  So how to convince him that this is a good idea?

Ask him to give you a brief description of all the changes made to a file
because you need to know why something has stopped working from the last
release!

Also ask him the same question for a file he has not touched but has checkin
comments!

Andrew