all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* emacs-for-windows on ftp, real soon now?
@ 2003-10-14 10:21 Marijn
From: Marijn @ 2003-10-14 10:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

The ftp.gnu.org/gnu/windows/emacs/, which should be the place where emacs
for windows can be downloaded (according to the FAQ) only contains a bunch
of placeholders (filenames like em213b01.zip.back-RSN.README) which say:
"The following files are not available because their authenticity is being
confirmed.  We expect to have them uploaded Real Soon Now". This has been
the case for months now. Can anyone tell me what this is about and
when/where i can download a recent (21.x) stable version of emacs for
windows? Thanks.

Marijn

* Re: emacs-for-windows on ftp, real soon now?
@ 2003-10-14 11:05 ` Marijn
From: Marijn @ 2003-10-14 11:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

Woops, there is a thread about the same problem a few posts up. no
satisfactory solution in there though... What exactly happened to the
original files? Did someone sneak in dangerous code? Is someone currently
looking at this problem?