Hi, ZWJ is required to display some characters (like Malayalam chillu or pure consonants) in many indic languages (Persian and Arabic also needs these characters). These should not be ignored while displaying indic text. See attachment for an example. പ്രവീ(ണ്‍) സറുമാ(ന്‍) ഹോഗ്‌വാ(ര്‍)ഡ്സ് Reference display with gedit is also attached. - Praveen -- പ്രവീണ്‍ അരിമ്പ്രത്തൊടിയില്‍ I know my rights; I want my phone call! What use is a phone call, if you are unable to speak? (as seen on /.) Join The DRM Elimination Crew Now! http://fci.wikia.com/wiki/Anti-DRM-Campaign