all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* mouse button number two doesn't work
@ 2002-12-23 19:59 Lars Gustafsson
From: Lars Gustafsson @ 2002-12-23 19:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have a Logitech mouse with a wheel. I have configured it to function as the backward key on my Internet browser. Always when I use the Emacs manual or when I open a direstory and want to choose a file to open I have to use the return key to make my choice. How do I make mouse button No. 2 work so I don't have to use the return key all the time.

Thankful for answers, Lars

* mouse button number two doesn't work
@ 2002-12-23 20:44 Lars Gustafsson
From: Lars Gustafsson @ 2002-12-23 20:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have a Logitech mouse with a wheel. I have configured it to function
as the backward key on my Internet browser. Always when I use the
Emacs manual or when I open a directory and want to choose a file to
open I have to use the return key to make my choice. How do I make
mouse button No. 2 work so I don't have to use the return key all the
time.

Thankful for answers, Lars

* Re: mouse button number two doesn't work
@ 2002-12-24  0:38 ` Jesper Harder
From: Jesper Harder @ 2002-12-24  0:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

lng2@spray.se (Lars Gustafsson) writes:

> I have a Logitech mouse with a wheel. I have configured it to function
> as the backward key on my Internet browser. Always when I use the
> Emacs manual or when I open a directory and want to choose a file to
> open I have to use the return key to make my choice. How do I make
> mouse button No. 2 work so I don't have to use the return key all the
> time.

Have you tried the suggestions in the GNU Emacs FAQ For Windows:

     <http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/windows/faq4.html#mouse>

FYI: The news group gnu.emacs.help and the mailing list
help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org is the same -- they're gatewayed.  So please
don't post the same question to both of them.

Also, don't multi-post the same question in both gnu.emacs.help and
comp.emacs.  It's fine to post to both, but please cross-post instead of
posting the question separately.

* Re: mouse button number two doesn't work
@ 2003-01-02 10:27 ` John McCabe
From: John McCabe @ 2003-01-02 10:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 23 Dec 2002 12:44:22 -0800, lng2@spray.se (Lars Gustafsson) wrote:

>I have a Logitech mouse with a wheel. I have configured it to function
>as the backward key on my Internet browser. Always when I use the
>Emacs manual or when I open a directory and want to choose a file to
>open I have to use the return key to make my choice. How do I make
>mouse button No. 2 work so I don't have to use the return key all the
>time.
>
>Thankful for answers, Lars

What operating system are you running on? If MS Windows, your mouse
driver may have an advanced tab where you can turn off wheel support
for specific programs. If you turn off wheel support for Emacs, that
may work (Emacs contains its own wheel support so the wheel should
still work as a wheel!).

Best Regards
John McCabe

To reply by email replace 'nospam' with 'assen'