all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* No speedbar-mode-map?
@ 2002-12-04  9:26 Boris H.
From: Boris H. @ 2002-12-04  9:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

My Laptop doesn't have a middle mouse button, therefore I want to make the
left mouse button invoke speedbar-click when the mouse pointer is in the
speedbar-frame. How can I accomplish that?

Boris H o l l a s

* Re: No speedbar-mode-map?
@ 2002-12-04 14:58 ` Eric Ludlam
From: Eric Ludlam @ 2002-12-04 14:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

>>> "Boris H." <nosp@m.de> seems to think that:
>My Laptop doesn't have a middle mouse button, therefore I want to make the
>left mouse button invoke speedbar-click when the mouse pointer is in the
>speedbar-frame. How can I accomplish that?

In speedbar, double-click is equivalent to middle click.

Also, on most laptops, you can click left and right mouse buttons
at the same time to simulate a middle mouse button.

Eric

--
Eric Ludlam             "Photonic Doodler"    The MathWorks x 7556
eludlam@mathworks.com         (work)        http://www.mathworks.com

* Re: No speedbar-mode-map?
@ 2002-12-04 19:34   ` Reiner Steib
From: Reiner Steib @ 2002-12-04 19:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, Dec 04 2002, Eric Ludlam wrote:

> Also, on most laptops, you can click left and right mouse buttons
> at the same time to simulate a middle mouse button.

Using X11, I need the middle button much more often as the
right. Therefore, I'm using the following on my laptop:

,----[ ~/.xsession ]
| # useful e.g. for notebook with 2-button mouse:
| # let left button act as middle button and left+right as right button
| xmodmap -e "pointer = 1 3 2"
`----

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,
      (o o)

* Re: No speedbar-mode-map?
@ 2002-12-05  9:55 ` Boris H.
From: Boris H. @ 2002-12-05  9:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

> My Laptop doesn't have a middle mouse button, therefore I want to make the
> left mouse button invoke speedbar-click when the mouse pointer is in the
> speedbar-frame. How can I accomplish that?

Also, I don't want to remap mouse buttons outside of Emacs via xmodmap. I
want the left mouse button perform speedbar-click in speedbar-mode only.
I'm sure there's a way to do so, but I dont't know how.

Boris H o l l a s