all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* on winNT, zip-archive mode fails with jar files - please help
@ 2002-11-03 20:12 cirvine
From: cirvine @ 2002-11-03 20:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

When I invoke find-file on a Java .jar file, the contents of the jar
file are displayed in a zip-archive mode buffer. Is this the correct
mode? When I attempt to view the contents of one of the archived files
(by pressing "f"), emacs displays an error in the mode line that says
"'gunzip' exited with status 128". Please, someone, what's going wrong
here? Thanks.

* Re: on winNT, zip-archive mode fails with jar files - please help
@ 2002-11-04  8:44 ` jerry d
From: jerry d @ 2002-11-04  8:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

I had the same thing,
it worked fine on 20.7 but apparently default behaviour has changed in 21.2.
What i did to get it to work correctly was download the gnu-utils zip, unzip
etc. and used that for unzip.
with
M-x customize-group RET archive-zip
you can customize the invoked programs for zipping and unzipping files.

below the settings I use:
(custom-set-variables
  ;; custom-set-variables was added by Custom -- don't edit or cut/paste it!
 '(archive-zip-expunge (quote ("zip" "-d" "-q")))
 '(archive-zip-extract (quote ("unzip" "-qq" "-c")))
 '(archive-zip-update (quote ("zip" "-q")))
 '(archive-zip-update-case (quote ("zip" "-q" "-k")))
 '(archive-zip-use-pkzip nil))
(custom-set-faces
  ;; custom-set-faces was added by Custom -- don't edit or cut/paste it!
 )

regards,
jeroen.