all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* mks ksh and emacs
@ 2002-09-24 23:06 Neal Yin
From: Neal Yin @ 2002-09-24 23:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I am use emacs 21.2.1 with MKS toolkit 7.5 on Windows 2000.   I'd like emacs
to use sh as it's shell, so in .emacs I added (setq explicit-shell-file-name
"sh"). The problem is I need to start a interactive shell with "sh -L" not
just plain "sh",  how can I do that?    (setq explicit-shell-file-name
"sh -L") doesn't work.

Thanks

-Neal

* Re: mks ksh and emacs
@ 2002-09-24 23:24 ` David Masterson
From: David Masterson @ 2002-09-24 23:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

> I am use emacs 21.2.1 with MKS toolkit 7.5 on Windows 2000.  I'd
> like emacs to use sh as it's shell, so in .emacs I added (setq
> explicit-shell-file-name "sh"). The problem is I need to start a
> interactive shell with "sh -L" not just plain "sh", how can I do
> that?  (setq explicit-shell-file-name "sh -L") doesn't work.

It would appear that you do:

(setq explicit-sh-args "-L")

There may be other args that you need with this as well (like "-i").

--
David Masterson                David DOT Masterson AT synopsys DOT com
Sr. R&D Engineer               Synopsys, Inc.