all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* How can I customize color for xcope result
@ 2009-07-16  5:24 n179911
       [not found] ` <4A5F08E6.1080102@pobox.com>
From: n179911 @ 2009-07-16  5:24 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi,

I am using xscope.el with emacs. Can you please tell me how can I
customize color for the cscope output?
And why i only see 'cscope' menu item and C-c s-s (xcscope specified)
binding working when I have my mouse in a .h file buffer?
how can I make emacs to always support c-c s-s (even if my buffer is
in a 'M-x shell')?

Thank you.

* Re: How can I customize color for xcope result
       [not found] ` <4A5F08E6.1080102@pobox.com>
@ 2009-07-16 16:50   ` n179911
From: n179911 @ 2009-07-16 16:50 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: bernardo.bacic; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

On Thu, Jul 16, 2009 at 4:03 AM, Bernardo<bernardo.bacic@pobox.com> wrote:

>> I am using xscope.el with emacs. Can you please tell me how can I
>> customize color for the cscope output?
>
> maybe something like:
> (eval-after-load 'xcscope
>  '(progn
>     (set-face-attribute 'cscope-function-face nil
>                         :foreground "DodgerBlue")
>     (set-face-attribute 'cscope-file-face nil
>                         :foreground "RoyalBlue"
>                         :weight 'bold)
>     (set-face-attribute 'cscope-line-number-face nil
>                         :foreground "brown")))

Thank you. How can I change the color of the source string of the
cscope result? like below " DLLEXPORT int __cdecl ChromeMain(HINSTANCE
instance,"

<global>[85]                   DLLEXPORT int __cdecl
ChromeMain(HINSTANCE instance,
<global>[91]                   int ChromeMain(int argc, const char ** argv);
<global>[285]                  DLLEXPORT int __cdecl
ChromeMain(HINSTANCE instance,

>> And why i only see 'cscope' menu item and C-c s-s (xcscope specified)
>> binding working when I have my mouse in a .h file buffer?
>> how can I make emacs to always support c-c s-s (even if my buffer is
>> in a 'M-x shell')?
>
> i haven't tried that, but you'd probably need to look at copying the
> cscope:map into the global key map

Thank you. Where can I find cscope:map to copy from and where should i copy to?

* Re: How can I customize color for xcope result
@ 2009-07-18  0:28     ` Bernardo
From: Bernardo @ 2009-07-18  0:28 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

> Thank you. How can I change the color of the source string of the
> cscope result? like below " DLLEXPORT int __cdecl ChromeMain(HINSTANCE
> instance,"
>
> <global>[85]                   DLLEXPORT int __cdecl
> ChromeMain(HINSTANCE instance,
> <global>[91]                   int ChromeMain(int argc, const char ** argv);
> <global>[285]                  DLLEXPORT int __cdecl
> ChromeMain(HINSTANCE instance,

1. move the point to the string you want to customise
2. type C-u C-x =
3. this will show you the settings details; note the "face" name
4. customise this face attributes similarly to the ones mentioned before

> Thank you. Where can I find cscope:map to copy from
type C-h v cscope:map RET
this shows the help screen about this variable; if you press TAB and RET
it will take you to the file where the variable is defined

 > and where should i copy to?

probably "global-map" (type C-h v global-map RET for more details)
now, whether this is the canonical way to do it, i don't know

if i were you i'd read up at least the "Key Bindings" node in Emacs manual
M-: (info "(Emacs) Key Bindings")

and also Keymaps in elisp manual
M-: (info "(Elisp) Keymaps")