all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* How to compile/view document in LaTex mode??
@ 2005-03-30 13:28 JS
From: JS @ 2005-03-30 13:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have writtin a LaTex document in emacs. But how do I compile/view it??

>From the menu I chose Tex File and that seemed to compile it, but when I
press Tex View in the new buffer that opens I get this error message:

You must set 'tex-dvi-view-command'

Does anyone how to get it to work?

* Re: How to compile/view document in LaTex mode??
@ 2005-03-30 14:52 ` Phillip Lord
From: Phillip Lord @ 2005-03-30 14:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

  JS> I have writtin a LaTex document in emacs. But how do I
  JS> compile/view it??

  JS> From the menu I chose Tex File and that seemed to compile it,
  JS> but when I press Tex View in the new buffer that opens I get
  JS> this error message:

  JS> You must set 'tex-dvi-view-command'

  JS> Does anyone how to get it to work?

My own advice is to install auctex

http://www.gnu.org/software/auctex/

Once you have done this, it all becomes easy. It integrates very
nicely with the various different tex's, so if you use more than one
(I use tetex and miktex), switching between them becomes easy.

Cheers

Phil

* Re: How to compile/view document in LaTex mode??
@ 2005-03-30 18:57 ` Kevin Rodgers
From: Kevin Rodgers @ 2005-03-30 18:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

,----[ C-h v tex-dvi-view-command RET ]

`----